Home » Stove & Fireplace » Stove » Maintenance Products » Polish & Paint » Stove & Grille Brush-on (USA Only)
Stove & Grille Brush-on (USA Only)
Stove & Grille Brush-on (USA Only)

Listing

CH0134     Can 473 mL (US 16 fl. oz.)
 


 

WARNING: If you scrape, sand or remove old paint, you may release lead dust. LEAD IS TOXIC. Contact the National Lead Information Hotline at 1-800-424-LEAD or log on to www.epa.gov/lead.

Contains Toluene, Xylene, n-Butyl alcohol, C.I. Pigment Black 26, Ethyl cellulose, Petroleum distillates, 2-Butoxyethanol, Manganese dioxide, Ethyl benzene. Vapor harmful. May affect the brain or nervous system causing dizziness, headache or nausea. Causes nose and throat irritation.

NOTICE: Inhaling the concentrated contents is harmful and may be fatal. Vapors may ignite explosively. Keep away from heat, sparks and flame. Vapors may cause flash fire. Static electricity discharge may cause fire or explosion. Do not smoke. Extinguish all flames and pilot lights, and turn off stoves, heaters, electric motors and other sources of ignition during use and until all vapors are gone. Prevent buildup of vapors by opening all windows and doors to achieve cross-ventilation. Use only with adequate ventilation. Do not breathe vapors. Ensure fresh air entry during application and drying. If you experience eye watering, headache or dizziness or if air monitoring demonstrates vapor levels are above applicable limits, wear an appropriate, properly fitted respirator (NIOSH approved) during and after application. Follow respirator manufacturer's directions for respirator use. Avoid contact with eyes, skin and clothing. Wash thoroughly after handling. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. DO NOT TRANSFER TO UNLABELED CONTAINER.

FIRST AID TREATMENT: If you experience difficulty in breathing, leave the area to obtain fresh air. If continued difficulty is experienced, get medical assistance immediately. In case of contact, immediately flush eyes or skin with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes. Get medical attention immediately. Wash clothing before reuse. If swallowed, do not induce vomiting. Call physician immediately. Read Material Safety Data Sheet Before Using This Product! If spilled, contain spilled material and remove with inert absorbent. Dispose of in accordance with local, state and federal regulations.

Overview

  • Hi-Temp Black 650°C (1200°F).
  • Unique blend of heat resistant pigments in a silicone polymer resin.
  • Beautifies and protects any steel surface.
     

Applications

Ideal for wood, coal or pellet burning stoves, stovepipe, barbecues and other metal surfaces subjected to temperatures up to 1200°F.


Directions

SURFACE PREPARATION: Surface must be clean, dry and free of oil, grease, rust, old paint, mill scale and other contaminants. 

FOR NEW STEEL: Clean with wire brush, sandpaper or steel wool. 

FOR PAINTED WOODSTOVES AND STEEL: Old painted surfaces should be cleaned with TSP and rinsed, or lightly sanded and wiped with an ammonia based cleaner like Windex. 

FOR PAINTED BARBECUES: Surfaces should be cleaned with TSP or oven cleaner to remove all oil and grease and rinsed thoroughly. Before applying HI-TEMP, use clean white rags and wipe with clean lacquer thinner (do not use paint thinner) to remove all remaining oils. 


APPLICATION: Shake or stir well before using. Do not thin. Using a soft, lint-free cloth, nylon or natural bristle brush, or short nap roller, apply one thin coating over the desired surface. A heavy coat may lift when heated. Do not apply when temperature of room or steel is below 45°F. DO NOT APPLY TO HOT SURFACE. 

CURING: Finished surface will air dry to handle in 30-45 minutes. Most stoves cure with three burns. The first two should be 250°F for 20 minutes. Let the stove cool down between burns. The last fire should be 500° to 700°F for at least 45 minutes. The general rule is to cure slowly without a hot fire.

NOTE: Ventilate house during the curing burns. The paint will give off vapors and fumes containing carbon dioxide, carbon monoxide, nitrogen dioxide and some particulate smoke. Smoke will displace oxygen and may cause irritation. Thoroughly ventilate by opening doors and windows. Use fan if necessary. Ventilation should not be necessary after the curing burns.

 

Maintenance Products()
+
-
Glass & Masonry Cleaners
+
-
Chimney Cleaners & Conditioners
+
-
Polish & Paint
+
-
Replacement Gaskets
+
-
Cement & Mortar
+
-
Silicone Sealant
+
-
Fire Starters
+
-
Stove & Fireplace Accessories
Downloads
2017 Stove & Fireplace Maintenance products Catalogue 2017 Stove & Fireplace Maintenance products Catalogue 4.36 MB
Stove Paint - Brush On (MSDS) Stove Paint - Brush On (MSDS) 0.03 MB
Imperial Group
Head Office & Customer Service
1.800.561.3100
Stay
connected
Home
Company
Opportunities
Contact us
Site Map
Support
Awards & Accolades
In the Community
What's New?
Upcoming Events
Registers & Grilles
Venting & Flexible Duct
Stove
Fireplace
Greentek
Imperial Air Technologies
Railing, Columns & Fencing
Galvanized Duct, Pipe & Fittings
Steel Stud, Channel & Trim
Air Filtration
© 2017 Imperial Manufacturing Group|All rights reserved|A NuFocus Online Solution
Content Support
E-mail Now